SRM Public School will follow these simple guidelines and procedures to be followed while admitting your child at SRM:
1. Prospectus :
The Application Form shall be issued on request and on producing the credentials of the child whose admission is sought.
2. Submission of Application Form :
SRM Public School requires duly filled in application form, along with the attested copy of the birth certificate, copy of address proof, copy of aadhar card, copy of passport (if applicable), should be submitted to the school office within 5 working days. However, please note that submission of the application form does not guarantee admission.
- From Pre KG to standard X– The original school leaving certificate should be submitted before commencement of classes in June. However, along with the application form, last year’s report card should also be submitted as proof of schooling.
- – The attested copy of birth certificate, certificate of achievement in sports in district/national level (if applicable), a copy of proof of address, copy of aadhar card, copy of passport (if applicable), copy of legal guardianship or court order in case of separated parents, and a recent passport size photograph should be attached with the application form.
- – Without these documents, the application form will not be accepted. Kindly avoid further requests.
3. Admission – Interaction :
- From Pre KG to Standard I The date of interaction will be intimated. Both the parents should accompany the child for interaction. Dates for interaction will be communicated to the parents well in advance by the school office.
- From Standard II to X The entrance tests will be in English, Math, and science. The syllabus for the test shall be of the class in which the child is currently schooling. The result of the test shall be intimated through phone with the date and the time of interaction with the Principal, if the student is selected. For the interaction, both the parents should accompany the child. Test will be held on Saturdays only. The date of test will be communicated to parents by the office after the submission of application form.
4. Eligibility for Admissions 2020-21 :
- From Pre KG to Standard I : To be eligible for admission, the candidate must fulfill the age limit specified below:
- – For Pre-KG – the child must have completed 2.5 years as on 30th June
- – For Junior KG – the child must have completed 3.5 years as on 30th June
- – For Senior KG – the child must have completed 4.5 years as on 30th June
- – For Standard I – the child must have completed 5.5 years as on 30th June
- From Standard II to X : To be eligible for CBSE School Admissions at Guduvanchery SRM Public School the candidate must qualify in the entrance test and satisfy the norms specified by the school management committee.
5. Admissions Criteria :
Admissions are based on first come, first serve basis from Pre KG to Standard I and on the basis of the performance in the written test from standard II to X. However, admissions shall primarily depend on the availability of seats.